It has been a long time since I blogged. My apologies.
So yeah, I’ve been in Australia, in particular Perth for quite a while now… since July 25. Haha. For university of course!
Why did I suddenly feel like blogging?
I know I’m being rather sentimental here but today is the last day of my teen life. Yeah, the last day I am nineteen… Tomorrow I will embark my journey on twenty and a whole decade of twenties. Right, actually it is just another day but I can’t help but take note of it.
To those who don’t know, my 18th birthday was sucky. 19 was pretty ok. 20… well, I am celebrating it overseas. So will be my 21st (sigh!).
I don’t think anyone here in uni knows about my birthday though. Perhaps it will be a really quiet affair between the calendar and I. LOL right I should stop sounding as if it is something sad.
I haven’t had a birthday cake for years and I really crave for one. To those who get cakes during their birthdays and grumble about them, eat your cake sheesh. Haha.
Here’s how I intend to spend the last day of my teen life: Went for tutorial in the morning, ate a bit of food so my stomach wouldn’t grumble, did laundry and here I am, typing this before I continue with my assignment. Thereafter I will be baking something for a surprise dinner party tonight. No it is not my party. Someone organised it as her boyfriend would be leaving Perth this Sunday so it is kind of like a farewell gathering as well.
And the day I turn twenty: I will wake up in the morning for tutorial, come back and have lunch, go for another tutorial, return to my room to do assignment and then go for combined cell at night. There you go, pretty hush hush. Perhaps receiving wishes from Facebook yeah that’s about it.
I will be treating myself to an art performance this Saturday evening and Nandos with my friend. YAY NANDOS HAHA :P That will be the gift for myself I guess.
As to major events in my last teen year aka 19… :
* My group had a Fail grade for one project (the last semester in poly) – Bloody hell, it pulled down my grades!! And in my schooling life, I rarely had the F grade. I can even count them with just one hand! Hey, I am a good student :P
* Went backpacking with Car to Japan for about a month!!! That was one of my dreams in life. I saved up for 3 years to finance my own trip. I decided I wanted to do it when I was 16. What a memorable experience it was! Definitely more backpacking trips to come… I am already saving up for… perhaps New Zealand? I have no clue. Saving up is good anyway.
* Graduated from poly. I didn’t go for the ceremony though, I think I could not make it… I really can’t remember. I got my certificate, that was all it mattered.
* Applied for uni in Aus (I have to thank my parents for allowing me to study here). I wanted to study in Melbourne (always wanted to go there) but there was nothing on offer that I really wanted so here I am in Perth.
* Climbed Gunung Datuk in Malaysia. My first mountain trekking in Msia. :)
*Went for NUS Rovers Adventure Camp. It rocked!!! Love you all from Erebus!
* My last Semakau guided walk and landfill tour before I went to Aus.
* Here I am in Perth to start uni! YAY
* Lotsa enjoyable experiences in Perth… too many to list :D
* My first relationship, I learned a lot from it haha. Learned a lot about myself too. It was an experiment as well as an experience. Nah, I’m not the sort that goes looking for one… if it comes then it comes. If it goes it goes. Go with the flow! I am still young! Anyway, I can say I still prefer singlehood and my freedom!!!! :D
* Met lots of cool people… again too many to list :))
* 19 was not bad, it was quite fun actually!! Rollercoaster ride~
I should blog more often. Sorry to those who visited my blog but were disappointed to find no entries. I really promise to blog… even though school will be ending next week :P and I will be returning to Singapore thereafter. November 14!
I really miss my family and friends, plus the food… and some places (SEMAKAU!). Do I miss my country? Hmm, perhaps the shopping, conveniences of late supper (although I don’t really have the habit of eating supper) and the transport efficiencies. I MISS MY RADIO AND PIANO TOO!!! Music <3 Oh, my food recipes too :P
Hmm………… I really need to continue with my assignment.